The Scientific Committee of the International Congress of Homeopathy invites the submission of abstracts relating to oral and poster presentations from researchers, postgraduate students, homeopathic doctors and educators.
Abstract submission opens – July 27, 2020
All abstracts should be submitted in English.
Deadlines & Outcomes
PRIORITY Stream – October 09, 2020 | Outcome – November 06, 2020
LATE-BREAKING Stream – January 15, 2020 | Outcome – February 05, 2021
! Please read carefully our abstract submission Terms & Conditions.
Abstracts should present new research or developing information on any related topic of the conference as it pertains to the contribution of homoeopathy. We encourage the submission of recently published, or as yet unpublished findings.
Various types of research related to any of the identified topics may be submitted including:
- Clinical research (quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods)
- Disease prevention
- Fundamental research
- Health services research
- In vitro animal- and plant-based research
- Pathogenetic trials/Provings
NOTE: Abstracts relating to animal research projects must not only have received ethical approval, but also be in line with the EU Directive 86/609/EEC on the protection of animals used fro scientific purposes.
The Scientific Committee and associated reviewers will review and score submissions. Abstracts are selected on the basis of their medical and scientific significance, timeliness, quality of data and methodology, adherence to specific format requirements, and other criteria described herein.
Following review by the Scientific Committee, a notice for the outcome of each abstract submitted for consideration will be sent via e-mail to the presenting author listed on the abstract submission form. Please note that detailed individual feedback on submissions will not be issued. The time duration allocated to presenters will be made available to successful candidates on confirmation of the acceptance of their abstracts.
If an abstract is accepted, the presenting author is expected to register for the Congress and confirm accommodation at least 4 weeks before the date of commencement of the Congress
Presenting Author Responsibilities
The person who submits an abstract is considered the presenting author and is responsible for the following:
- Undertaking to present the abstract for oral or poster presentation, if accepted.
- Assuring that financial relationships with commercial entities have been disclosed for self, spouse, and institution.
- Assuring that if the presenting author is replaced with a new presenter, the new presenter will disclose financial relationships with commercial entities for self, spouse, and institution. The final abstract submission must include disclosure information for the author who will present at
- Providing complete and accurate contact and affiliation information for ALL co-authors; correct e-mail addresses are essential.
- Assuring that ALL co-authors have reviewed and approved the abstract’s content.
- Providing an electronic version of a poster abstract. Poster room credentials will not be issued until electronic versions of posters have been received
- Assuring that all Terms and Conditions (as stipulated) have been adhered to.
Previous Submission, Publication, or Presentation of Data or Abstract
In general, the International Congress of Homeopathy 2021 would look to accept work that has not been previously published or publicly presented. Consideration may be given to a submission if meaningful newer data or different analyses are included. If your study data or abstract information has been published, submitted for publication where publication is anticipated on or before 08 April 2021, or presented at any other major national or international scientific or medical conference (i.e., generally 400 or more attendees), you will be asked to provide details on the previous presentation or publication. These details include name and year of prior or upcoming conference, publication information or submission for publication, and whether the prior abstract is copyrighted.
Abstract text that is under copyright by a publication or conference should not be submitted verbatim to the International Congress of Homoeopathy 2021. In addition, you will be asked about the data that have been updated for presentation at the International Congress of Homeopathy 2021.
Choose the most suitable and relevant topic from the established list of International Congress of Homoeopathy 2021 topic categories. Please keep in mind that, on review of the abstract, the Scientific Committee and external reviewers may elect to assign an abstract to a topic deemed more appropriate.
The abstract title should be concise and clearly convey the subject of the abstract.
- Maximum length: 85 characters, including spaces.
- Style: Titles should be in all upper case letters
Example: A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF ABC IN TREATING XYZ
- Format: Bold
These names will appear below the title. The name of the presenting author will appear in bold.
Include the name, e-mail address, and institutional affiliation for co-authors. Up to 10 may be entered (no exceptions). Please DO NOT enter the names of additional individual authors that exceed the allowed number of 10 individual authors.
Enter the primary affiliation for each author. Please spell out the full name of the institution and do not use abbreviations such as “Univ.” for “University.”
Changes in Presenting Author
The author noted as the presenting author on an abstract is responsible for delivering either the oral or poster presentation if the abstract is accepted. In case of an emergency, an alternate may take the presenting author’s place. The new presenting author must update the abstract submission to disclose information for the new presenter, his or her spouse, and institution. The new presenter must be listed as co-author on the abstract and must be registered and accepted for attendance at INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF HOMEOPATHY 2021.
Disclosures: Disclosure of financial relationships with commercial entities is required for the following:
- Presenting author
- Spouse or partner of the presenting author
- Grants to the presenting author, spouse, or partner paid to their institution
- New presenting author (if applicable), including spouse or partner and institution
- Maximum length: Up to 500 characters, cumulative, including spaces.
- Section Heads: Bold
The layout of any abstract should conform to the section heads described below. Section heads (i.e., Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions), are not included in the abstract body character count.
Note: Trade names, brand names or other proprietary names should not be used in abstracts.
Briefly and clearly describe the hypothesis of the study. Why was the study conducted?
Detail the experimental methods and processes employed in the study. What did you do?
Describe the precise findings of the study; promises of results “to be determined” are not acceptable. Describe what you found and include data.
Describe logically sound conclusions and reliable inferences drawn from the study results. Why are the study’s findings important?
Abstracts Describing Clinical Trials
If an abstract is reporting data from clinical trials of human subjects, describe study design (e.g., prospective, randomised, double-blind) and population (i.e., numbers enrolled and demographics). The presenting author should have been involved in the gathering of the raw data and be able to discuss the analysis. Please also include the following information:
- Details of requisite ethical clearance.
- Is the study ongoing or completed?
- Are the results final or preliminary?
- Describe statistical analyses employed, including those used to support the results.
Each abstract may contain 1 table OR 1 image.
- Tables: Suggested maximum size is 8 columns x 12 rows; table characters are not included in the cumulative character count.
- Image: To upload the image of a figure: Save an image of your figure (.gif, .jpg, or .png file) and upload it during the abstract submission process. Your image must be legible at the maximum printed size of 4 inches x 6 inches with either vertical or horizontal orientation.
Two keywords are required; up to 5 are allowed.
Notification of Abstract Disposition
After the Scientific Committee and external expert reviewers completes its review and scores all abstracts submitted for consideration, the author and co-authors for whom correct e-mail addresses have been provided will be sent e-mail notification of the review outcome.
Common Reasons for Abstract Rejection
- Subject matter is not appropriate for
- Abstract is duplicative of other submissions
- Format does not follow guidelines (e.g., section[s] missing, more than 1 graphic, table, or figure submitted)
- Submission is poorly written overall
- Background does not summarize the hypothesis
- Methodology is inadequate or insufficient to support conclusions
- Controls are absent or inadequate
- Statistical evaluation is inadequate or absent
- Summary of essential results is inadequate or absent
- Data are not included or offer inadequate/insufficient support for conclusions
- Submission reports clinical trial data from unplanned analysis or incomplete or ongoing studies
In line with the stipulated Terms and Conditions of the submission of content and by submitting your abstract to the International Congress of Homeopathy 2021, you hereby authorise the International Congress of Homeopathy 2021 (and Baltic Homoeopathic Union (BHU)) to use the submitted information in printed / electronic format related to the promotion or conducting of International Congress of Homeopathy 2021.
The contents of the International Congress of Homeopathy 2021 Program and related Abstracts publication are protected by copyright. We require that permission to replicate or reproduce any part of an abstract produced in relation to the International Congress of Homeopathy 2021 to be obtained from the International Congress of Homeopathy Secretariat; however, study data are the property of the author(s) or study sponsors as relevant.
For more information, please e-mail: email@example.com